5 Truly meaningful time management is more than checking off tasks on a list. It is making sure that every day you are choosing tasks that take you closer to your desired result. What that looks like may differ from person to person. Having a clear idea of your desired end results makes it easier to focus in on what you need to be doing daily to make that happen for you. In class, you will start the process of prioritizing what is important to you, your values, and then aligning your behaviors so that they support those values. If you are too busy just doing the urgent tasks that life throws at you and never deliberately doing the tasks that take you closer to your desired results, then you end up frustrated and overwhelmed.
To get the results you want, you must find the time to do the activities necessary to reach the goals you have set. That doesn’t just happen – that takes planning! Many people resist the idea of planning their day because it seems too structured, too much of a hassle and who has time to plan anyway? Planning your day enables you to make better decisions and increases your control over your day. A planned day reduces stress and can create more creativity and even “create” more time in your day! Planning your day doesn’t have to take more than 15 minutes – 1% of your day. The other 99% can be used in executing your plan.
You will learn how to:
- Plan your day efficiently
- Schedule your day for maximum productivity
- Identify and eliminate time wasters
- Use technology to your advantage
- Increased productivity
- Decreased stress
- Increased satisfaction with intentional choices
- Decrease in time wasters